Scheduled to preceed popular related conferences, ThinkFemtocell runs a half day Femtocell Masterclass. The class is designed to bring delegates up to speed with current femtocell technology. It’s suitable both for newcomers to the technology as well as those who need to become current again. This ensures delegates derive maximum benefit when participating in the associated conference that follows.
We had some very positive feedback from previous MasterClass sessions. Delegates can normally sign up for the class when registering for the conference itself.
Delivered by David Chambers, ThinkFemtocell founder and well known industry expert on femtocells, the content is designed to be independent, concise and up to date. There will be opportunities to ask questions both during session and offline.
The technical session introduces femtocells and provides an explanation and updates on:
- System Architecture and Operation
- Status of common technical issues
- Wider applications: Residential, Enterprise, Metro-Femto, Rural
- Femtocell standards: 3GPP and 3GPP2
- Different Technologies: LTE, CDMA, WiMAX, GSM
- HetNet: Combined femtocell and macrocell networks
- The growing eco-system of suppliers
Why take this class?
- You will understand the capabilities and limitations of femtocell technology, knowing where and when it can be used
- You will learn about the femtocell vendor landscape including the food-chain of component suppliers through to system integrators and how it will evolve
- You will recognise operational issues involved in commercial deployment of femtocells
- You will appreciate how femtocells have evolved from residential only to enterprise and public access use
- You will gain most value from the full conference that follows by being refreshed and updated with current terminology and developments
About the presenter
David is a Chartered Engineer, having working in telecoms software design, written protocol stacks and participated in mobile network standards committees for many years. He is also a Chartered Marketer, with product management and product marketing experience gained over 10 years. Having founded ThinkFemtocell over 4 years ago, David has interviewed many leading industry figures and tracked the evolution of the industry closely. He provides an independent view, analysis and insight into this fast developing topic.
The Femtocell Masterclass normally runs at the same hotel as the main conference
Tea and coffee will be served during the break.
Delegates will be given printed copies of the presented material to take away.